Here at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville academic advising is about you. While enrolled at UT, you and your advisor
will work together to develop your academic plan. To ensure that your personal and academic needs are met, you will want to explore with an advisor your values, goals and career objectives.
Further, your academic advisor is knowledgeable concerning many aspects of university life and can provide you information and advice on utilizing the opportunities available on campus. While working with your advisor, you will:
- Develop your academic plan
- Learn how to be a successful college student
- Become connected to university resources and programs
- Explore major and career options
- Define your educational, career, and personal goals
Major Guides for the 2014-15 academic year are currently being updated and added. They should all be complete in time for orientation.