The Department of Chemistry will host the 46th American Chemical Society Southeast Undergraduate Research Conference (SURC) at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville on Jan. 30th and 31st, 2014. Abstract submission deadline is Nov. 1st, 2013. For this conference, students are invited to give oral and poster presentations in all areas of chemistry and biochemistry.
A number of sponsors have made generous donations which enable the Department to make a total of $2,500 in monetary awards. Furthermore, the Department will provide travel support of up to $200/person for the first 10 minority presenters to submit an abstract. The registration fee is also significantly reduced to only $10 per student. Minority students will enjoy full registration fee waiver.
Students will benefit from attending this conference as they will have the opportunity to:
- Present their research accomplishments (oral or poster presentation) in a formal conference setting
- Compete for monetary best presentation awards
- Network with peers and representatives from up to 10 graduate schools
- Attend the award dinner banquet at which ORNL distinguished scientist Dr. Jimmy Mays will deliver a keynote address
- Enjoy tours of our department's research labs
Students can register and submit abstracts at: https://www.chem.utk.edu/2014-SURC/registration.
Conference program can be found at: https://www.chem.utk.edu/2014-SURC/program
For more information, please go to: https://www.chem.utk.edu/2014-SURC or contact Rachel Rui at email@example.com or 865-974-8019.
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Knoxville, TN 37996
See all events at this location