Summer school isn't your typical semester at UT Knoxville. You'll get a nice break from the campus hustle and bustle you've experienced during the fall and spring. Your classes are smaller, the campus is calmer, Knoxville is warmer. Plus, you can enjoy a lazy afternoon by the pool once your classes are over for the day.
And don't forget your ultimate goal here: Your degree. Summer school is a great way to finish up your general education courses in less time while keeping you on track to graduate on time.
It's cost-effective, too. This summer, you can apply the HOPE scholarship to your tuition.
So, gather a group of friends and spend a month (or two) together at UT this summer while getting even closer to graduation. (And you'll still have time for a quick trip to the beach before the fall semester.)
Dates & Deadlines for Continuing Students
- February 27, 2013–Priority registration begins
- March 5–Registration begins for Seniors
- March 7–Registration begins for Juniors
- March 12–Registration begins for Sophomores
- March 14–Registration begins for Freshmen
- May 8–Mini session begins
- May 29–Mini session ends
- May 30–First and full summer sessions begin
- July 3–First summer session ends
- July 8–Second summer session begins
- Aug 9–Second and full summer sessions end
- Note: These dates are tentative and subject to change