UT Pre-game Showcase Scheduled
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The University of Tennessee Pre-game Showcase, seven 30-minute programs featuring College of Arts and Sciences faculty speakers, are scheduled again for this year’s football season.
The programs begin two hours prior to each Vol home football game. They’ll be held in the University Center Shiloh Room (unless otherwise noted below).
The 1995 schedule (by date, topic and speaker) is:
* Sept. 2 — “Muddying the Dam Waters,” Carol P. Harden, associate professor and head of geography.
* Sept. 9 — “Beyond Court TV: Criminal Justice Roman Style,” Christopher P. Craig, associate professor of classics.
* Sept. 23 — “Government as Enemy: Fear, Incivility and Irresponsible Dialogue in American Politics,” Dr. Thomas D. Ungs, professor of political science.
* Sept. 30 — “Religious Cults in the Contemporary United States,” Dr. F. Stanley Lusby, professor emeritus of religious studies.
* Oct. 28 — “Stressed Out and Nowhere to Run: How Plants Cope With the Environment,” Dr. Leslie G. Hickok, professor of botany. (This showcase will meet in 225-227 University Center.)
* Nov. 4 – “Bringing Computers to Life,” Robert C. Ward, professor and head of computer science. (This showcase will meet in the Volunteer Ballroom of the Center.)
* Nov. 25 – “Super Bugs and Antibiotic Resistance,” Engin H. Serersu, associate professor of biochemistry.
For more information, contact Lynn Champion at 615-974-4676.