UT to be Honored at CASE III Conference in Atlanta
KNOXVILLE — The 2008 CASE III conference is under way in Atlanta, and members of the Office of Communications and Marketing at the University of Tennessee are there to accept a variety of awards.
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education conference began Sunday and continues through Wednesday. The awards banquet is Tuesday.
The conference will feature speakers such as Nikki Giovanni, Bernard Marcus, Shirley Franklin, Juliet Garcia, John Lippincott, Robyn S. Hadley and Michael Hendren.
The University of Tennessee will be awarded nine Awards of Excellence and five Special Merit awards.
Case III Awards of Excellence are as follows:
• “UT Safety Alert” in the category of Institutional Relations Programs created by Media and Internal Relations Director Karen Collins and Creative Communications editor Leigh Powell and designer Jill Sanders.
• “Ready for the World” in the category of Media Relations Programs created by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
• UTTV in the category of Public Affairs Programs created by Video & Photography.
• Admissions Package in the category of Student Recruitment created by Sanders and Creative Communications editor Diane Pitts.
• Donor Leadership Appreciation Event Invitation in the category of Direct Mail created by Creative Communications designer Bill Baker.
• “Taking PrecaUTions” ads in the category of Paid Advertisements Series created by Sanders and Powell.
• “Ready for the World” passport in the category of Institutional Publications created by Sanders and Creative Communications editor Mary Marshburn.
• “Ready for the World” Home Page in the category of World Wide Web Home Page Design and Implementation created by Creative Communications Web designer Darren Hughes.
• eTorch in the category of Electronic Newsletters and Tabloids created by Creative Communications Web designer Shoemaker and alumni publications editor Diane Ballard.
Case III Special Merit Awards are as follows:
• “Where in the World is Smokey?” in the category of Institutional Relations Projects created by Media and Internal Relations Assistant Director Amy Blakely and retired editor Linda Weaver.
• “All That Glitters Is Orange” in the category of Institutional Relations Projects created by Sanders and Powell.
• “Profiles of a Great University” in the category of Institutional Publications created by Pitts and Robin Easter Design Studio of Knoxville.
• “UT Researcher Sheds New Light on Hybrid Animals” in the category of General News or Feature Story/Series created by Media Relations coordinator Jay Mayfield.
• Undergraduate Admissions Home Page in the category of World Wide Web Home Page Design and Implementation created by Shoemaker.
Amy Blakely, (865) 974-5034, firstname.lastname@example.org