Volunteers Help to Switch Your Thinking
Last week Tennessee Today premiered a music video for Switch Your Thinking, our campus’s campaign to reduce energy consumption by ten percent this year.
The “Re-energize Switch Your Thinking” video featured everyone’s favorite mascot, Smokey, alongside students and staff from the Knoxville campus. The video was a collaboration of efforts from the Office of Communications & Marketing.
Featured in the video, in order of appearance, are:
• Gordie Bennett, sustainability manager in the Office of Sustainability;
• Richard “Sully” Sullivan, a senior studying biology;
• Mitch Harp, a junior majoring in marketing;
• Jayanni Webster, a junior in the College Scholars Program;
• Vern Granger, director of undergraduate admissions and assistant dean of enrollment services; and
• Jay Price, environmental coordinator for UT Recycling.
Thanks go out to all those who helped in creating the video, which aims to remind our campus community that small changes in daily behavior really can make a difference. Since Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek challenged the campus in January to reduce energy consumption by ten percent this calendar year, our Volunteers have already stepped up and cut 0.8 percent in the month of February. Track the campus’s progress throughout the year at http://switch.utk.edu.