Faculty Appreciation Week Is This Week: Things to Do Now
In preparation for Faculty Appreciation Week, you can post your own note of thanks to faculty members on the Faculty Shout Out page. The shout out page will be active next week.
Also, now’s the time to RSVP for the free luncheon being sponsored by the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center on Monday and buy a ticket for the Ready for the World Café on Thursday.
Discount tickets also can be purchased for the men’s basketball game on Tuesday, the Clarence Brown Theatre presentation of A Raisin in the Sun on Wednesday, February 27, and the women’s basketball game on Thursday, February 28.
Here’s a look at all of the week’s special activities:
Monday, February 25
- Lunch workshop—Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center will present “Threshold Concepts: Moving Students through the Conceptual Bottlenecks,” a free workshop about helping students move from academic confusion to the “light bulb” moments of understanding. Noon to 1:30 p.m. University Center Ballroom. Lunch is included. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Distinguished Faculty Reception—The invitation-only reception sponsored by Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek will be held from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. in the rotunda of the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy.
Tuesday, February 26
- Men’s basketball game—The Vols play Florida at 9:00 p.m. in Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty will be saluted during the game. Faculty and staff can purchase tickets for $7. Visit the UT Ticket Office, call 865-656-1200, or order online using promotional code VOLS4UTK.
Wednesday, February 27
- Clarence Brown Theatre presents A Raisin in the Sun—Faculty can use their 50 percent discount to purchase tickets by visiting the box office with their staff ID. Faculty who attend tonight’s 7:30 p.m. performance will be recognized during intermission and will be entered into a drawing for two-ticket season passes. For more information call 974-5161 or visit clarencebrowntheatre.com.
Thursday, February 28
- Ready for the World Café— Faculty members dining at the café today will have the chance to win Rocky Top Institute items and café tickets. Today’s northern Italian menu includes a porcini mushroom polenta cake, veal Milanese, artichoke salad, tiramisu and focaccia. The café, sponsored by Sysco Foods, is a joint effort of HRT 445, the UT Culinary Institute, and Pellissippi Culinary Institute. It begins at 11:30 a.m. in the UT Visitors Center, 2712 Neyland Drive. Tickets are $12. Too purchase them, see Marcia Johnson in the Jessie Harris Building, Room 110, call 865-974-6645, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s basketball game—The Lady Vols play Texas A&M at 7:00 p.m. in Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty will be saluted during the game. Faculty and staff can purchase tickets for $7. Visit the UT Ticket Office, call 865-656-1200, or order online using promotional code VOLS4UTK.
- Free drinks from Dining Services – Faculty and staff members who show their UT Dining Services Faculty/Staff Rewards Card will receive a free 22-ounce fountain drink or small coffee. No purchase is necessary. The offer is good at Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, Einstein’s, McAlister’s Deli, Arena Dining, Smokey’s, Rocky Top locations, Subway, Mabel’s and all of the other national brand locations that we manage on campus.
- Faculty books display – Books written by UT faculty will be displayed throughout the week in the Dixie Marie Wooten Commons West of Hodges Library, near the Melrose entrance.
- UT Bookstore discount—The bookstore will offer a 20 percent discount to faculty and staff with their UT ID. The discount will not include textbooks, special orders, select trade books, clearance merchandise, and minimal select general merchandise (such as the “We Back Pat” shirts).
C O N T A C T :
Amy Blakely (865-974-5034, email@example.com)