Here’s what you need to know:
- Facilities Services has implemented enhanced cleaning.
- Employees can help by keeping their work areas clean.
- Cleaning supplies can be requested.
- Stay informed about temporary space closures.
Facilities Services has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Their staff has substantial expertise in cleaning and disinfecting.
- View Facilities Services consideration of CDC and COVID-19 guidelines on cleaning and disinfectin.
- View Facilities Services consideration of CDC and ASHRAE guidance on ventilation.
Facilities Services has partnered with Belfor to use their BIOPROTECT RTU antimicrobial surface protectant for longer-lasting protection between regular cleanings. BIOPROTECT is an EPA-registered water-based formula that forms an antimicrobial shield providing persistent continuous protection against a broad range of microbes even after the product has dried. All classrooms, instructional labs without sensitive equipment, libraries (Hodges, Law, and Pendergrass), and the Student Union have been treated with BIOPROTECT.
How you can help
To support their efforts, everyone can do their part to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Keep work spaces free of clutter, excess personal items, and other unnecessary items to allow for maximum cleaning of all surfaces.
- To the extent possible, remove shared objects including appliances, cups of pens, and magazines on tables.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, faucets, and sinks.
- Wear gloves when using a disinfectant spray. Never spray disinfectant directly on electronic equipment.
- Have signage and cleaning supplies near shared computers and appliances reminding users to clean them after each use.
- Complete a COVID-19 self-isolation form if you need to self-isolate. This helps Facilities Services coordinate appropriate cleaning protocols and area closures.
Review Environmental Health and Safety’s workplace safety guidelines for disinfecting work areas and equipment.
Cleaning supplies for employees
Unit business managers can request cleaning supplies for their area.
These requests do not apply to units with existing personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements for general lab and workplace safety. Lab and other workplace safety PPE should be acquired through the usual process.