Here’s what you need to know:
- Help is available 24/7 for students and employees in distress.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available.
- Wellness programs, classes, and other opportunities are offered.
At a time when everyone is under additional stress and uncertainty, taking care of our own mental health is especially important. These resources are available to employees and students.
24/7 emergency help
- 865-946-CARE (2273): For distressed faculty and staff
- 865-974-HELP (4357): For students in distress
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255 or 800-SUICIDE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
Assistance for students
- Student Counseling Center: Offers a range of counseling services, including therapy assistance online, group counseling, and crisis services
- Office of the Dean of Students: Provides resources, events, and initiatives to engage and support students
- Academic Success Center: Provides academic coaching, supplemental instruction, tutoring, and additional success resources
Assistance for employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Wellness services for employees
- Optum COVID-19 resources: Emotional support resources and information
- Sick Leave Bank and Family Medical Leave: Additional benefits for eligible employees facing extended illness
Advice, learning, and wellness
- Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety: Online self-paced course created by David Duper, College of Social Work, to help manage stress and anxiety
- Therapy Assistance Online: Mindfulness resources to help you become more focused on living in the present moment
- Learning and Organizational Development: Human Resources group offering personal and professional development for employees
- College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences: Subject-matter experts sharing practical information on topics such as caregiving, health, and helping children cope with COVID-19
- Be Well: Classes on cooking, mindfulness, fitness and other topics
- Center for Health Education and Wellness: Numerous programs, resources, and services