Here’s what you need to know:
- Updates to class times and locations will be made through July 12.
- Students should wait until July 13, after changes are finalized, before adjusting their schedules.
- Advisors will be available to assist students with changes to their schedules.
Changes to class times and locations for fall semester classes will continue through July 12.
Students who want to adjust their schedule should wait until July 13, after all changes are finalized, because any changes made before July 13 may not be included in your final schedule. Advisors will be available to assist you, and you will have plenty of time to make changes before the semester starts.
The purpose of the changes is to encourage social distancing, a crucial strategy for a safe on-campus experience this fall.
- Times: The time between classes has been extended to 25 minutes. Class meetings are spread out more during the day and into the evenings.
- Locations: Room changes have been made to maximize use of larger classrooms for face-to-face courses and to meet the needs of hybrid classes.
- Formats: Classes will be face-to-face, hybrid (a combination of face-to-face and online), and online.
Course format options
Course formats will include hybrid options, which blend face-to-face and online.
- Face-to-face: Students go to class meetings in person.
- Hybrid: Students meet in person part of the time with some portions of the class taught online. Depending on the class, the online portion may be synchronous or asynchronous.
- Online synchronous: Students meet online as a group, typically through live video, at a set time.
- Online asynchronous: Students complete the course online, working on their own schedule within course deadlines and possibly teaming up with their classmates.
Academic success programs
Academic success programs such as individual and group academic coaching, academic advising, tutoring, academic and career workshops, study groups, etc. will be delivered both in person and online.