Here’s what you need to know:
- Classes are offered in three formats: face-to-face, hybrid (a combination of face-to-face and online), and online.
- Staff members are available to assist students with their schedules.
- Because COVID-19 is an evolving situation, changes to the course schedule may be necessary for safety.
To slow the spread of COVID-19, formats, locations, and timing of classes are designed to encourage social distancing.
Our faculty are among the best in the country, and they are prepared to offer our students the quality educational experience they have come to expect from Tennessee’s flagship university regardless of the format.
Classes are offered in three formats: face-to-face, hybrid (a combination of face-to-face and online), and online.
To find the course format, check the attributes on the course listing. The attribute for hybrid courses is listed as “face-to-face & online—hybrid.”
- The time between classes is 25 minutes. Class meetings are spread out during the day and into the evenings.
- Rooms are assigned to maximize use of larger classrooms for face-to-face classes and meet the needs of hybrid classes.
- Face coverings are required in classrooms. Learn more about the requirement to wear face coverings.
Changes to the schedule
Because COVID-19 is an evolving situation, changes to the course schedule may be necessary for safety. After you register, monitor your class schedule periodically for changes.
- For information on how to register or general questions, call 865-656-7233.
- To discuss how your schedule affects your degree completion or changing particular courses, contact your advisor as listed on your MyUTK home screen.
- For information on tuition, fees, or financial aid, contact One Stop at 865-974-1111 or email@example.com.
- International students: contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic success programs
Academic success programs such as individual and group academic coaching, academic advising, tutoring, academic and career workshops, and study groups are delivered both in person and online.
Buying course materials
Course materials are available for purchase online at utvolshop.com. Customers are not allowed to browse textbook aisles and select their own books, and VolBooks does not provide computers and printers for students to print out their book lists. Students need to preorder their textbooks, and VolBooks will provide several ways to receive the materials.
VolShop aisles with school supplies remain open to customers.
VolShop retail locations have implemented touchless payment using a credit or debit card, VolCard, or Apple Pay. They are not accepting cash at this time. Customers are asked to wear a mask inside stores and follow social distancing markers.