Here’s what you need to know:
- Formats, locations, and timing of fall classes have changed to encourage social distancing for a safe on-campus experience this semester.
- Students can find detailed information to understand and adjust their schedules.
- Staff members are available to assist students with changes to their schedules.
Formats, locations, and timing of fall classes have changed to encourage social distancing for a safe on-campus experience this semester.
Our faculty are among the best in the country, and they are prepared to offer our students the quality educational experience they have come to expect from Tennessee’s flagship university—regardless of the format.
- Times: The time between classes has been extended to 25 minutes. Class meetings are spread out more during the day and into the evenings.
- Locations: Room changes have been made to maximize use of larger classrooms for face-to-face courses and to meet the needs of hybrid classes.
- Formats: Classes will be face-to-face, hybrid (a combination of face-to-face and online), and online.
Understanding your schedule
You can find detailed information for accessing your updated schedule, understanding the new formats, and making schedule adjustments on the One Stop website.
- For information on how to interpret your schedule or general fall 2020 questions, please call 865-656-7233.
- For how your schedule impacts your degree completion or changing particular courses, please contact your advisor as listed on your MyUTK home screen. Advising offices are assisting incoming students with registration and orientation, so please be patient as response times may be longer than usual.
- For information on tuition, fees, or financial aid, please contact One Stop at 865-974-1111 or email@example.com. Again, response times may be longer than usual so please be patient.
- International students: please contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic success programs
Academic success programs such as individual and group academic coaching, academic advising, tutoring, academic and career workshops, study groups, etc. will be delivered both in person and online.
Buying course materials
VolBooks course materials will only be available for purchase online at utvolshop.com. Customers will not be allowed to browse aisles and select their own books, nor will VolBooks have computers and printers for students to print out their book lists. Students will need to pre-order their books, and VolBooks will provide several ways to receive the materials. However, aisles with school supplies will be open to customers.
All VolShop retail locations have implemented touchless payment. Cash will not be accepted at this time. Please use credit/debit card, VolCard, or Apple Pay for contactless payment. Customers are asked to wear a mask inside stores and follow social distancing markers.