Here’s what you need to know:
- Follow CDC guidance for proper handwashing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Campus bathrooms are stocked with paper towels.
The CDC has guidance on how to properly wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, after touching frequently used items or surfaces, or after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or removing a face covering.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol, covering all surfaces of hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry. Remember that hand sanitizer is flammable. Avoid touching surfaces until hand sanitizer dries. Review Environmental Health and Safety’s workplace safety guidelines for safe use of hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands after riding on any public transportation.
Signs to encourage employees to follow proper handwashing techniques are available to units through Facilities Services. Hand sanitizer is available to all units, and campus bathrooms are stocked with paper towels.