Here’s what you need to know:
- Because of COVID-19, face-to-face events will have some limitations.
- Event organizers and visitors should follow all health and safety guidelines.
- Virtual and hybrid event options are encouraged.
Events hosted by units and organizations must be conducted in a safe and healthy manner. Because of COVID-19, face-to-face events will have some limitations.
External groups that are not sponsored by a UT department cannot hold events on campus at this time.
Event organizers should:
- Review the COVID-19 event guidelines provided by the Office of Campus Event Services.
- Consider virtual or hybrid options.
- Follow local health department and CDC guidelines.
- View CDC considerations for events and gatherings.
- View State of Tennessee large event guidelines.
- Maintain social distancing and wear face coverings as directed.
- Complete health screening forms as directed.
- Not attend an event if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Immediately report to the event organizer if they think they attended an event while sick or potentially exposed to COVID-19.
Guests and drop-in visits
Guests on campus for drop-in visits need to complete a visitor health screening form and return it to the sponsoring department. Guests should also maintain social distancing and wear face coverings as directed.