Here’s what you need to know:
- Resources cover topics such as hybrid classes and online instruction.
- Workshops and training are available.
Teaching on campus will be different in fall 2020 to accommodate social distancing and health guidance. Instructors can access resources to adjust to new ways of teaching through several campus units and initiatives:
- Teaching and Learning Innovation: Includes extensive resources, workshops, programs, consultations, and services. Topics include strategies for teaching during COVID-19, experience learning, and risk management resources, including those specific to COVID-19 challenges, for instructors who provide oversight to experiential learning.
- Vols Online: This hub for information about online and hybrid teaching is produced by Teaching and Learning Innovation
- Office of Information Technology: OIT offers training, support, and detailed directions on using platforms such as Zoom and Canvas
- Student Disability Services: The department provides teaching techniques, instruction guides, and information on assisting students with disabilities
- University Libraries: The library provides online access to more than 80 percent of the materials in its collections
Instructors can access the following training in Canvas.