Here’s what you need to know:
- The Volunteer Commitment is our community’s promise to protect ourselves and one another, prevent the spread of illness, and help maintain an on-campus experience.
- Every member of our campus community must do their part to make Rocky Top a safe and healthy environment.
Each of us has a personal responsibility to protect our health and contribute to the safety of our community. For members of our campus—students, faculty, staff, and visitors—this responsibility is defined in the Volunteer Commitment. The commitment represents the essence of being a Volunteer: service, leadership, and courage.
Everyone is asked to read the commitment, reflect on the importance of the instructions you are asked to follow, and do your part to protect the health and well-being of our campus community.
Students will see the commitment in their MyUTK and are asked to acknowledge that they have read it and understand the expectations.
The Volunteer Commitment
Vols help Vols.
Volunteers act to protect one another and our broader communities. As we come together as a Volunteer community during a pandemic, everyone is expected to follow the instructions established by the university to protect themselves, to prevent spreading illness to others, and to maintain an on-campus experience, including the following measures:
- Wearing a mask on campus as instructed, including in classrooms.
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water, and using hand sanitizer.
- Practicing social distancing and following protective guidelines when social distancing is not possible.
- Acting quickly to follow instructions for testing and contact tracing.
- Monitoring personal health and following medical instructions.
- Following instructions for cleaning and hygiene on campus.
Being a Volunteer is grounded in leadership and service. Our community will act with courage to protect others, even if it means sacrificing some comforts of a typical campus experience.
I understand that I am expected to follow the university’s instructions for protecting myself and the Volunteer community during this pandemic. I will do my part to make our campus a safe and healthy environment.